We have so much to showcase this year during ASW. The staff and pupils loved working with the various partnerships we have made over the course of this year such as the following:
- Fiona Walker from Newport Athletics Club coached athletics including FMS to the Junior Infants, Senior Infants, Special class and the 4th classes.
- Arsalan Khalid from Munster Cricket coached the 6th class pupils the skills of cricket.
- Evan Cusack (IRFU) coached the skills of rugby to the pupils in the 6th classes.
- Kieron Selley and Edmund O’ Reilly provided Cycle Right safety training to the 5th class pupils.
- Tomás Mannion (PDST PE team) provided whole school training in the PE strand area of gymnastics.
- Eadaoin Loughman from Limerick Sports Partnership (LSP) provided special athletics equipment on 2 occasions this year for the whole school to avail of.
- Rachel Macauley, Sports Inclusion Disability Officer with the LSP provided Disability Inclusion training workshop for staff and will provide more in school support in the coming year.
- Peter Nash, GAA City Development Officer coached the pupils in the 1st and 2nd classes the skills of hurling and FMS.
- Katorina Maher (Treaty Gaels) and Dean Kennedy (Claughaun GAA Club) along with members of staff coached the skills of gaelic football, hurling, camogie, rounders and FMS to the pupils in the 3rd to 6th classes.
- Monica Mullins from Green Schools provided cycle safety training for the pupils in the 3rd classe during ‘Bike Week’ this year.
- We are looking forward to trying a new sport during ASW namely badminton as our school recently became a member of Badminton Ireland.
Plan for ASW- June 13th– 17th 2022
‘Being Active is cool…so why not be active each day in school’
|Mon. June 13th Active Homework||Morning Aerobics/ Dance/ Gymnastics Routine for all classes. |
FAI- 5- A- Side Competition between the 6th Classes.
Fit- Kidz Kilometre Walking Challenge- all classes except 6th
Local Hero Challenge- Jenna Slattery- TBC
|Tues. June 14th Active Homework||Morning Aerobics/ Dance/ Gymnastics for all classes. |
Garda Cycle Skills Challenge- 3rd to 6th classes.
Slow Bicycle Race- 3rd to 6th classes.
Tag Rugby match- 6th
Fit-Kidz Kilometre Walking Challenge- all classes
|Wed. June 15thActive Homework||Fun Sports Day.|
|Thurs. June 16th Active Homework||Morning Aerobics/ Dance/ Gymnastics for all classes. |
Yoga with Ms Farrell- Senior Infant Classes
Dance yard times- Junior and Senior Infants incl. Special Class.
Dodgeball Tournament- all classes
GAA Skills Challenge
Local Hero Challenge- Peter Nash
Fit-Kidz Kilometre Walking Challenge- all classes.
|Fri. June 17th||Morning Aerobics/ Dance/ Gymnastics for all classes.|
Teacher V Pupil Challenge – Rounders/ Penalty Shoot Out
Rugby Sessions with Richmond RFC- 3rd & 4th
Badminton for 2nd class.
Fit- Kidz Kilometre Walking Challenge- all classes.
Music/ Dance Yard break – 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th.