Access to the School Twitter here
Access to Google Classroom here
If you require any assistance with Google Classroom, please contact Ms A. Crosse: email@example.com
Helping my Child To Learn
New: Check out the NCCA helpful advice for parents!
- Your Child’s Learning
- The What, Why and How of Children’s Learning in Primary School
- Video: The What, Why and How of Children’s Learning in Primary School
- School Reports
- Your Child and Standardised Testing
- Website: Help My Kid Learn: This website provides lots of simple ideas that you can build into your day to help them learn more. Resources include card games and hopscotch that help to practice maths, to children’s e-books and apps for reading. Activities and ideas are arranged by age.
- Supporting Your Child’s Learning at Home: A Publication from the National Parents’ Council
Junior & Senior Infants
- Helping your Child in Junior & Senior Infants
- Helping your Child to Read and Write
- Maths – Tips & Video Clips
- Tip sheet on helping your child through play
First and Second Classes
- Helping Your Child in First and Second Classes
- Watch Videos of Parents Helping Their Children With Maths In Their Own Homes
- Multilingual Maths Tip Sheets
- Videos: Subtraction
- Maths Tips for First Class
- Maths in Second Class
Third and Fourth Classes
- Helping Your Child in Third and Fourth Classes
- Tips: Helping Your Child With Division
- Presentation (requires Flash): Division as Sharing
Fifth and Sixth Classes
- Helping Your Child in Fifth and Sixth Classes
- Moving Up – the experiences of first year students: booklet for schools, teachers and parents
Transitioning to Post-Primary
Literacy Information for Parents
Literacy Programmes in use in St Brigid’s school:(click on names)
- Jolly Phonics
- Jolly Phonics Presentation
- Jolly Phonics Alphabet Sounds Videos
- Jolly Phonics Diagraph Songs
- Read at Home
Numeracy Tips for Parents
As a parent you play a key role in your child’s education. The NCCA has developed a number of resources to help you to support your child’s learning in primary school. Many of these are available in various languages. Take a look at the resources for your child’s class: – See more at: N.C.C.A Resources for parents
Suitable Maths Website Links:
Please supervise your child as they access any of these websites and limit the amount of time spent on the computer. The school cannot take responsibility for any other content that may appear on these websites.
Maths Games for Junior, Seniors, First and Second Class.
Click on the image to access the game.
Hit the Button: Tables Game
Learn your Tables!
Gaeilge Information for Parents
Parents learning Irish: If you would like to learn Gaeilge and/or develop your Irish language skills please see these useful websites:
School Attendance: Importance
Importance of Healthy Lunches: Tips
- Healthier Lunchbox Leaflet
- Healthy Lunchbox to grow,learn and play 1
- Healthy Lunchbox to grow,learn and play 2
Coping with Asthma-Guidance:
- Asthma.ie- Information Booklet for schools
- Asthma and your child-Information Booklet
- Back to school-Checklist
Check out cycleright.ie which is the National Standard for Cycle Training and provides practical cycle safety and skills training to promote competent and confident cyclists. There are also lots of resources for parents and children to download from this website.
Disclaimer:- St. Brigid’s N.S. accepts no responsibility for the content on external websites or any damage incurred to personal computers or files by accessing them. Links here are provided as reference points only for further information.